An original, funny, and almost improbable world history. Why do people run? Four millennia ago in Mesopotamia, King Shulgi ran from Nippur to Ur to take part in a religious festival. In ancient Egypt, the pharaoh had to run to prove his vitality and to hold on to power. And then there are the little-known naked runs, whore runs, endurance tests at bars, backward runs, monk runs, and the Inca Empire’s got professional runners. Thor Gotaas shows us what running, in all its remarkable diversity, is and has been for mankind.
A fact book for children all about meteorology. What creates the weather? Where does the wind come from? Why does hail come down at the speed of a racing car and why does it even rain in the first place?
- Terje Tvedt: THE NILE. THE RIVER OF HISTORY (non-fiction, 2012/2021, sold to China and Taiwan, previously to Egypt, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Serbia, UK.
- Lasse L. Matberg: VIKING KNITTING (non-fiction, 2021), sold to Germany, previously to Denmark, Finland and UK (World English rights)
- Ragnhild Bang Nes: THE HAPPINES CURE (non-fiction, 2021), sold to Czech, previously to Denmark, Azerbaijan and Poland.
- Maria Parr: TONJE GLIMMERDAL (children’s novel, 2009) sold to Latvia, previously to Germany, Belgium, Catalonia, Georgia, Lithuania, Sweden, Russia, France, Iceland, Denmark, Poland, North-Macedonia, China, Ukraine, Estonia, Faroe Island, Bulgaria, Italy, England, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, South Korea, Turkey, India (Hindi), USA.
- Marianne Gretteberg Engedal: THE SAUSAGE BURGLAR (picture book, 2019), sold to Lithuania, previously to China, Denmark, Korea and Sweden.
- Marianne Gretteberg Engedal: THE POLICE BURGLAR (picture book, 2021), sold to Lithuania, previously to China, Denmark, Sweden.
One thing Trille knows for sure: that his great aunt makes the world’s best waffles. He is sure, too, that Knert-Mathilde is a wonderful place in which to live – and that his neighbour, Lena Lid, is his best friend. But he is anything but sure that he is her best friend. And when Lena asks him exactly why he wants a father, although he has one, Trille isn’t sure about that, either.
Cheating and deception are not commonly considered among humanity’s most noble features. Still they are inextricably linked to our creativity and social capabilities.
Historia om korleis hunden fekk våt snute
Published by Samlaget, 2012
A fabulous twist on the story of Noah’s Ark. When water floods the land, old Noah builds a huge ark and takes on board creepy-crawlies, farm animals and wild animals of every type. While they are out at sea something awful happens, the boat springs a leak! What on earth can they do? Luckily Noah knows a way. This picture book is a lively retelling of the old fable.More…
The future of water is the future of humankind. Are we living in the century of droughts? Of floods? Or both? How water will run in our societies will impact global power relations, the environment and the balance between rich and poor. It will define war and peace and the destinies of countries and continents. Nobody can escape the consequences. These are issues raised by professor and historian Terje Tvedt in his book “A Journey in the future of water” More…